1.13.2012

Intro Post

My first post! Woo! I suppose I should introduce myself first off. I am 26 and engaged. 2 years ago this March I met an amazing woman and we've been inseparable ever since. We live in a small 2-bedroom townhouse apartment in the foothills of North Carolina. My fiancee's name is Jessica (I call her Jess) and she is 23. Anything else y'all would like to know, just ask!

What can I say, I love love LOVE interior design. I've considered a career in it even. I've also been shopping fake rooms and bookmarking how I'd design my own rooms (when we had the money) for years. It never occurred to me to cut and paste them all on a single image though, so when I came across my first mood board (on a blog I came across through a link on Pinterest, imagine that), I was a bit taken aback. I've been doing that for years in my head! Why did it never occur to me to do it digitally? No sense crying over spilt milk though, right?

I've been toying with the idea of my own blog for a while now. A place for me to showcase my own mood boards, a place for me to get ideas and feedback on my own decor ideas, a place for me to chronicle my own DIY projects, a place for me to journal my attempt at decorating our apt to a point that we are insanely happy with. Sounds good right? I hope so! I intend to get some pics around my apartment of some projects I have in mind, when I get the time and money. (I've been out of work for 3 months and just started my new job yesterday, so there are a few priorities that come first, money-wise.)

I have a few different posts in the works, but until then I will leave you with a picture or two of me and my love.

This was taken in May 2010. We'd been together about 2 months, and our aspiring photog friend wanted to do a Twilight themed shoot. We got to be the guinea pigs.

This one is a bit more current, it was taken this past fall by the same friend



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! It is a big big, world. But claim your space and let your voice me heard. You have something to say and only you can say it. :-)
    Beckie - Knock off Decor and Infarrantly Creative

    ReplyDelete