1.24.2012

Storage Beds

My quest for better organization has me doing a lot of consideration of dual purpose furniture. The coffee table ottoman that I included in my living room mood board and the convertible sofa would be great starts. Today I've had storage beds on the brain, because two very small closets and one dresser are not near enough storage for our bedroom. So the hunt begins, to find the balance between affordability and quality. Of course my first stop was Ikea, where I found these beauties:

Left, OPPDAL, $299; Right, BRIMNES, $249

The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't have a pronounced headboard. I want a headboard. I know I could make my own fairly cheaply compared to buying one, or even make a fake one on the wall. Its silly of me to hang onto the idea of getting a true headboard, and I can't explain it. And I know that I could just get a normal bed, and buy a bunch of storage boxes to go underneath, but I've always wanted a platform bed. If it came down to it, I'd pick the platform bed over the true headboard. But for now, I'll keep looking, and see if I can't find some way to have my cake and eat it too.

Hillsdale Furniture Tiburon Kona Storage Bed

I found this beauty that I was in LOVE with (gorgeous headboard AND drawers!) until I realized that the whole queen bed set (base, rails, head and footboard, drawers) costs $949. (They have it set up as buying piece by piece, so it showed up as being just over $100. I hate it when things are labeled misleadingly.) Juuust a little out of my price range. So I will keep looking. Or back to Ikea I'll go. Suggestions anyone? Recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment