2.05.2012

Early Spring Cleaning at The Townhouse

I was scheduled to work 12 hours today, but ended up getting sent home after only 6. As much as we could really use that extra money, turns out it was a blessing in disguise because for whatever reason I went on a maniacal cleaning spree. Cleaned out my closet and dresser and bagged a LOT to take to Goodwill. Reorganized a lot of things because my dresser has very shallow drawers (anyone else know how ANNOYING that is??). Put up clothes that don’t fit but I couldn’t bear to give away (trust me, I put PLENTY in those Goodwill bags. Yes I said bagS, as in trash bags full. And kept one measly little stack, maybe enough to fill a grocery bag). I haven’t touched Jess’ stuff though (yet- I told her either she does it or I do lol), but at least I feel like a made a ton of progress.


I’m trying to hold off on taking any pictures that aren’t absolutely necessary until my new camera USB cord gets here in a few days so I can take them properly instead of with my phone. So bear with me.


The Townhouse. How does that sound? Jess and I haven’t decided whose name we’ll eventually take when we do the formal our wedding ceremony (definitely NOT mine, but maybe hers or her step-dad’s) or if we’ll just pick a completely new one. So I can’t very well call it The Lawniczak House or The Rayne Home, now can I? (Btw, for those of you who don’t know, Lawniczak is my last name. Now you understand why I’m so adamant about not keeping it right? Rayne is a name we’ve discussed using if we decide to make our own, its part of a name that, growing up, Jess had always wanted to name a future daughter. Funny, I hate it as a middle name, but like it as a surname.) Opinions? Like, dislike?


Since I’m holding off a few more days on my own pictures, here are a few from Pinterest (add me!) that I am LOVING right now:



These lanterns are SO easy to make! And how much  fun are they!? I definitely want to try this project one day soon. (Hey Kelly, you wouldn’t happen to need any lanterns for Madi’s party next week, would you? Lol)




Anyone who knows me at all knows I LOVE colorful things, whether its rainbow colored or just colorful. In fact, one of my nicknames is Rainbow Brite. (Totally fulfilling a major gay cliché, I know.) So I’m sure its no surprise that I LOVE this bathroom!!! Did I mention I LOVE it? Just wanted to emphasize the enormity of my amour for it. No, but seriously, I really love it.

Ok, I know chevron stripes are supposed to be the trendy thing now. And there are some instances where I like them, mostly in smaller doses like throw pillows and occasionally as large as an area rug. But I will always hold a special place in my heart for stripes, especially bold, dramatic ones like these. (Btw, Lowe's pinned it, but there is no source and clicking it just goes to google.com so I have no idea who to credit. If anyone knows, please let me know!)




What have some of your latest pinning obsessions been, dreamers? And don’t forget to go enter to win the Valentine’s Day Gift Basket if you haven’t already!

No comments:

Post a Comment