2.16.2012

Projects Everywhere!

{ Source }
My sister Crystal has decided to start redoing her living room. She found a sectional she fell in love with (and needs new furniture anyway), but it doesn’t really go with the rest of the living room. And me, being my altruistic (possibly somewhat pushy) self, of course offered any assistance she needed. And being the good amazing, fantastic sister that she is, she agreed to let me help, and use it for the blog, since I’m broke and all. So we’re brainstorming new décor. She has a good idea on colors she wants (black and teal and tan, with some burgundy accents because her existing carpet is burgundy), so I put her to work on finding some inspiration pictures, and my wheels are already turning. Yay, I’m so excited!

My other lovely sister, Kelly, the professional photographer, sent me a link to a blog today with some DIY decorative eggs she wants to use for Easter kids shots, asking if I could make them for her. So that will be a fun little project I’ll share with y’all too. Plus I’ve got a craft FAIL to share. (I know, BOOOO right? Pout.) So, busy busy busy around here! Looking forward to it though!


In the meantime, here are some of the fabulous things I saw while window shopping (all from Hobby Lobby, where we ended up. I could spend days on end in there and not get bored!):


Subway signs are so trendy right now, and they can get pricy! This was a wall decal I saw for a mere $21. Tres cool way to get the same effect for much cheaper than the designer versions.


Its rainbow. Its mosaic. Its ME!!! I have no idea where in the world I would put this (I’m kinda picky about things matching), but at $8 (originally $16, all frames were 50% off), I am incredibly tempted to go back and get it anyway. Especially if I go back with a handy dandy 40% off coupon! For $4.80, I would MAKE a place for it!

2012-02-16_12-07-29_207
Jess has a bit of a thing for fleur-de-lis (and I have to admit that I don’t hate them), so I could definitely see one of these babies finding its way into our home one day. I have no idea how much it was though, I’m ashamed to say I forgot to look!

2012-02-16_12-07-52_827
I have a bit of a thing for mermaids, if you couldn’t tell by the painting I paid $300+ for (including framing). So when I saw this beauty, I shrieked just a bit. She’s made to sit on the edge of a mantle or something though, which we don’t have. Pout. Maybe once I get the shelving done I’m planning for the living room? She was $30, but if I time it right with sales and coupons, its possible I could get her for as low as $9! So we’ll see. That is, of course, if they even still have her by the time we get around to the shelves! And if they don’t, well, then I’ll just have to believe that it wasn’t meant to be!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment