4.05.2012

Hooray!!!

First things first, Jess and I BOTH got job offers yesterday! Plus Jess had a call for an interview (which she turned down because it was only part time and less money). When it rains it pours, right!? I start this Saturday and she starts on Monday. And the hours will work well with us sharing a car. And we still get to sleep together at night! (I hated sleeping by myself when she used to work third shift.) Woohoo! Even though money is still going to be super tight, its definitely an improvement over what it has been! I'm incredibly excited to start, its a different kind of job than I've had, and one I think I will truly enjoy for the first time in a while! Not to mention I just love change, I love learning new things and meeting new people, and there will be opportunity for advancement unlike in nursing, where the only opportunity for advancement is when you go back to school.

I'm also thinking about starting some marketing/advertising work for a Serbian artist I met through Etsy. (I had contacted a friend of hers about being featured on Feature Friday, and she passed my name on because she knew her friend would be interested as well. She's donating work for not 1 but 2 giveaways next month, and she asked me if I'd be interested in helping her out with doing some marketing in America.) She knows I have no background or training in marketing. But I'm learning from my blog, and anyway I learn best by doing. I think I'm going to try it for a trial period, like maybe 2 months, and see how it goes.

I'm thinking as far as the blog goes, I'm going to put my crafts on hold for a while. I may still do one once in while, when I have the materials to do one for free, or if Kelly wants something for pictures and buys the supplies, or something like that, but its not going to be a priority like it was intended to be when I started it. I just think every spare bit of extra money we'll have (which won't be much if any) needs to be going toward paying some things off right now. I'll keep doing Feature Friday (feedback for those has been amazing! I will do my best to keep them coming!), and posts on things I like or decor/craft ideas I have that I need to get out of my head. I may also post about blog posts from other blogs, craft ideas or designs that I love.

The PURPOSE of this post, other than to tell you all the fantastic news, is to ask if there is anything else you guys would like to see! Any ideas, or anyone who would like to be a guest blogger, or any input is welcomed! Email me at cjanae522@gmail.com. You guys are wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment