2.07.2012

My Day…

...hasn’t been a terribly productive one as far as blog projects go, but it has been tremendously productive in other aspects. Jess and I went to my mom’s and pretty much just spent the day with her. We walked around Mary Jo’s (a local fabric store with a truly MASSIVE selection and variety), walked around Walmart looking at baskets and other crafty things, got a few items Mama needed, and stopped at Subway for lunch. Then we headed back to her house and got our taxes done, Jess and I both got haircuts (yes my mom cuts our hair and does our taxes, and does a great job on both!), and then helped Mama clean out some old boxes and stuff. 

While we were at Mary Jo’s, I found the fabric I want to use for the lamp! Its totally not what I was looking for, but I saw it and fell in love. And it will still be totally designer-inspired! (If I’m lucky maybe the lovely Beckie over at Knock Off Decor will feature it! My blog could sure use the publicity.) I can’t wait to get started on it! Hopefully I can get that underway soon!

The whole point of us helping Mama clean was because she said she had some things I might want for projects. We ended up taking home 2 small lamps, some wire squares that I used to use for a guinea pig pin, a big box full of old fabric scraps, an old handheld sewing machine that looks like its never been used (its still in the box, and has all the original accessories!), and probably a few other things I’m forgetting. I’m already working on plans for most if not all of it.

EarringsSo, after all our running today (after we got home, we still had go back out and drop some bags off at Goodwill and make a Walmart stop of our own), I still had one thing left I needed to get done today. My niece's birthday party is tomorrow, and since we’re short on cash. I wanted to make her something. Her mom suggested earrings, since she just got her ears pierced this past weekend. So I set to work digging through all my old jewelry-making supplies. This is what I came up with. Keep in mind that Madison will be 9, so I wanted to keep them age-appropriate, but still be fun. They look orange, but they are actually pink (her favorite color) or red, depending how the light hits them. So, what do you think? Mission accomplished? I’ll let you know how she likes them.

Overall, I think today was a pretty productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment