3.06.2012

Artist Features Coming Soon!

I've been on something of an art kick lately. I can spend hours on Etsy just browsing art and liking new works and shops. That's part of the reason I've slacked off a bit on posting lately, I can't seem to pull myself away from browsing art long enough to pull a post together. I stumbled across some works from a new artist that I fell in love with, and decided to message her and ask if she'd be interested in being featured and possibly offer a giveaway or discount code for yall. Then I kept browsing, and it must have been my night, because I stumbled across several more new artists whose work I love. I think part of it is due to the fact that my absolute favorite art style, impasto,  is becoming 'trendy'. By the end of it I had messaged 8 shop owners total, not expecting to get anything back because I am still such a small blog. Well, when I woke up today I checked my email, and had responses from not one but FOUR of them, all interested in being featured and offering discount codes or a giveaway! So this is sort of a teaser post, and if I can get all the information together that I need from one of them, I will get the first one up tonight!

*Edit: after this post I got one more response, so now I have 5 artists lined up for features! I'm thinking about making it a weekly or monthly thing, but I haven't decided for certain yet. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! You might want to do Kit for local talent. And of course Dharma and Dragons would join the party. I am about to do some fine art pieces for my bedroom redecorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete