3.07.2012

Pink!

had planned on posting either my first artist feature tonight on an incredibly sweet lady named Rachel, or the guest post that I just received from Jessica over at Arcadian Lighting Blog, but both are having a few technical difficulties tonight (besides needing a few tweaks that I am waiting on from each person). So I decided to pick through Pinterest and talk about some of the things I am loving right now.

If you ask me what my favorite color is, I'll usually tell you its rainbow. (Massive gay cliche, but I've loved colors since I was little. I wish my mom had taken pictures of me in the outfit I wore the first day of 5th grade! I think I was seen in technicolor that day). But if I absolutely HAD to pick one, and only one, color to call my favorite, most days I'd tell you pink. And I've been seeing a lot of pink decor that I love around Pinterest, so I figured what better topic for a spur-of-the-moment meme than my favorite color right?

I LOVE this bathroom! Jess would never let me do this (and she might actually get mad at me if I did it without telling her- I can get by with almost anything, but I think this might be too far lol). But a girl can dream right? I love the black vanity against the whitebeadboarding and checkerboard floor. I love the square vessel sink and the glossy black baroque mirror (I think that's the right description, I had to google it). I love the modern light fixture. Suffice it to say, I just love everything about this bathroom! I can't help but wonder what the shower looks like. Also be sure to check out the rest of their house! I think I could be great friends with these people, at least based on their decorating style. I don't agree with everything they've done, but its the closest I've possibly ever seen to my own very colorful, eclectic style.

Can you see a theme emerging here? I love black and white with pops of color! I think I'd have more chance of talking Jess into this one if I wanted to because the pink is much less dominant. Its a little too much white and not enough color for my taste overall though, but I can still appreciate it. I love the simple black tufted headboard (tufted furniture is something else I have been loving recently) and the clean, simple lines of the night table.

I love that she wasn't afraid to go for a bold color here. I think a lot of people are afraid to use pink in decorating. Plus I think a lot of men would be very unhappy with their wives if they had pink walls or decor! The only thing I would have done differently is to paint the shelves in white, but I'm sure it was much less hassle just to do them all in one color. I love the lighting in the top too, I think it really lights up the bold pink while still keeping the focus on the items on display. This would be a quick, easy update for a piece you've grown tired of!

So there you have it. What do yall think? Love it or hate it? Anyone have any pink rooms or decor to share?

2 comments:

  1. I am not usually a pink girl, but I do love this design idea! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have plans for a pink-ish color in the living room, but it wont be anything like these, and it won't be anytime soon. I just think these are gorgeous!

      Delete